In this modern era, everyone wants to keep themselves healthy. For this purpose, people do workouts for fitness and health. According to the fact, freestyle swimming for 30 minutes is equal to burning calories as running on a treadmill for 30 minutes at a speed of six and a half miles per hour. People use gadgets to keep track of their exercise and the number of calories burned. Different companies introduced gadgets to keep track of your workout. For example:
Swimming is an excellent workout because your whole body is functional against the resistance of water. It helps you to pull out your stress and keep your heartbeat rate up. Swimming helps you to build your muscle strength, endurance, and cardiovascular fitness.
1. Garmin Swim 2
Garmin provides the best gadgets for people who love sports and workouts for health and fitness. Garmin has many products for such purposes, but the best recommendation for swimming workout is Garmin Swim 2. It monitors heart rate and track distance, pace, stroke count, SWOLF, and more in the pool and open water.
In October 2019, Garmin released Garmin Swim 2 with following modes/specifications:
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE
- OPEN-WATER SWIM MODE
- POOL SWIM MODE
- CRITICAL SWIM SPEED
- DRILL LOGGING
- AUTO REST
- PACING ALERTS
- PERFORMANCE MONITORING
- STRESS TRACKING
- BODY BATTERY ENERGY MONITORING
- FITNESS TRACKING
Customer reviews about Garmin Swim 2 on Amazon are 4.2/5
- Using a GPS watch is my first experience, and I bought Garmin, which I loved. I started triathlon training, and this watch is helping me out.
- Launch of Garmin Swim 2 was very exciting for me because I already own the old version of it. With the new version of the Garmin watch, you don’t require pressing buttons again and again. Because it detects your heartbeat automatically. Every function works automatically without pressing the buttons.
- This watch helps me to keep track of my laps and what I have completed till that time. It helps me to do workouts more accurately and motivates me to reach my goal. It also allows me to enter in a drill, use the kickboard, and record my distance. It then adds that to my totals.
- I wanted to have a track on my open water swims, so buying this watch was the best decision ever. I love this watch! I train myself in the ocean; it has helped me keep track of my distances, strokes, swolf, and even my swim path.
- I use this watch for my swimming. My observation is connected to my iPhone. It helps me to push my limits and achieve my goals in a workout.
|Good-looking||4-10 minutes in sync|
|GPS works well||Does not give max speed in any mode|
2. Garmin Forerunner 935
Although Garmin Swim 2 is the best and recommended tracker for swimming workout, most athletes prefer versatility in the gadget. When it comes to dry land for running and multisport features, Forerunner 935 is recommended.
935 is used for workouts other than swimming, which can be used for hiking, skiing, running, etc. But there are complaints about it from users on Amazon.com that it does not accurately track pool laps when switched from different sports mode. And it does not give an accurate heart rate.
- Weighs 49 grams and gives you a feeling of more features in sports
- Comes with a barometer which helps you to read the elevations when you are on outdoor sports
- One can keep a record of one’s workouts and sets goals. This can help you to know if you are working out less or more than requirements or objectives.
- Long-lasting battery health which can run for a long time. Two weeks when you use it in watch mode, and it can work for a day on GPS mode.
Customer reviews about Garmin Forerunner 935 on Amazon are 4.4/5
- There is an Asian version of this watch, and the other one is the rest of the world version. In the Asian version, you cannot update your firmware.
- The weight of the 935 is half than the other watches. It has Wi-Fi. The straps of this watch are comfortable to wear. It is this much comfortable that I can sleep with it on.
- Perfect Trading Inc is selling non-US versions of the Garmin Forerunner 935 in the United States, which are non-US versions, and the same error occurs when it comes to updating the firmware.
- There were a lot of problems with this watch and called Garmin for support. They confirmed that this watch was the Asian Market Version, which doesn’t allow for software updates. Thankfully they are going to help me.
- If you want to have a vast data of your exercise and workouts, then this watch if perfect for you because it keeps the tracks of your workouts. This is it. It’s fast, it’s accurate, it lasts forever, and it’s probably the best there is right now.
|Navigation System||Big in size|
|Battery life and fast charging||Poor documentation|
|Customizable interface||No wireless charger|
|Light and thin||No other functions than sports data|
|Notifications||No Regular Maps|
3. Suunto Spartan Trainer Wrist HR
Suunto Spartan is a multisport watch built for different sports and outdoor activities. This including running, cycling, swimming, and hiking, etc. Suunto provides its users with the track of your speed, pace, heartbeat, and distance. It comes with a battery life of 10 hours in training mode and 30 hours in power saver mode.
You can select different colors according to your taste. It comes in Gold, Steel, Amber, Sandstone, Ocean, Blue, and the classic Black. Its design is up-to-date. There is 80 sports mode that can provide all the training data you need for your health and fitness.
- 80 sport modes on your wrist
- Tested tough for multisport training and racing
- Keep track of your adventures with Suunto app
- Connect to your favorite apps
Customer reviews are 3.5/5 on Amazon.
- Due to decency, this watch is my favorite because it takes care of my activities of fitness. Overall, I want to give 5 stars for this product because of its appearance, design, and decency.
- If you are the person who breaks watchbands more often, then I would not recommend you to this one. Suunto customer service has been tremendous and replaced one watch and one band.
- This watch never fails to acquire GPS in a minute where sometimes Garmin products fail to acquire GPS.
- The strap and build are solid than Garmin, and it keeps in contact with my wrist. Acquires GPS signal almost instantly has decent battery life while in use.
- Step counting and getting texts on my watch is a fantastic feature that I’m enjoying. It’s organized well, easy to use. I liked that I got to pick the color of the digits of the great watch.
|Attractive||Dim mode is difficult to see in standard mode|
|HR was reliable||Not long-lasting battery time|
4. Moov Now
Moov Now is one of the most creative gadgets that comes with an AI of audio guidance, just like Siri or Google Assistant and Bixby. It acts as a human coach for your training and workouts. This tracker covers a wide range of sports such as boxing, swimming, running, swimming, and HIIT.
A user can use the Moov App, which tracks all your activities and improves your training by suggesting different workouts. AI, which acts as a human coach, can guide you about your training and improve it. If you use it for swimming, then it will guide you for your endurance and beat your time and laps.
It’s not a watch like the other watches mentioned above. It’s like a band which you will not wear when you’re not working out. It tells time in audio. The battery timing is up to six months and replaceable.
Customer review on Amazon is 3/5
- I love using this to create interval running routines.
- I took my HR manually to check if it matches with HR on MOOV. It was worth spending my money on this watch. Still, I haven’t started working out, but it’s kind of motivation for me.
- I have modified some programs on this watch to meet my needs, and I have lost 30 lbs and five inches in the waist.
- A short time is spent with this watch, but still, it is allowing me to make my physique better and build up my stamina because of the workouts I have started with the motivation of this watch.
- Works great with the move app, as one would expect, records a very accurate heart rate.
|$60 Less expensive than other trackers||Overly Simple Concept|
|Battery Life of 6 months||Poor Bluetooth|
|Water Proof||Poor Sleep Detection|
|Simple Concept||Non-existent customer support|
5. Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro is water-resistant up to 50 meters. You can connect it with your phone through an app called Speedo On. It tracks your activities and summarizes your health detail.
It is a multi-functional watch that is connected with your phone through Bluetooth. This also helps you to receive calls and texts when the phone is not near you. It is compatible with Android and iPhone 7. Gear is available in two colors, red and black.
- Take the plunge
- Motivation in 4 ways
- Make your moves count
- Lighten your load
- Choose your style
- Find your fit
- Get apps and watch faces
Customer reviews on Amazon are 3.6/5
- This watch has helped me to keep track of my sleep and steps, but it also allows me to keep track of my swimming laps and the number of calories I have burned.
- This watch is beautiful, that I get compliments from my colleagues. It has a built-in HR monitor, which helps me during swimming.
- It is an excellent article which looks very modern, and the battery is long-lasting, which is best for me when I go to lake swimming training.
- I love how big the screen is. I’m done with the typical square or circle on my wrist; this is my favorite form factor.
- I love this fitness tracker/watch. Battery life is okay, but not great. You need to charge it daily if the HR monitor is on. The strap is comfortable to sleep with it on. I would recommend this product.
|Precise step counting||Stair tracking|
|Accurate HR||Not good bands|
|GPS||No long-lasting battery|
Frequently Asked Questions:
How does a pedometer help people reach their fitness goals?
It measures calories burned during a workout. It could be running, swimming, hiking, skiing.
What is the best fitness tracker for swimming?
Garmin Swim 2 because it is specially designed for swimming.
What is the best fitness tracker watch to buy?
Samsung Gear Fit2 Pro
What is the best fitness tracker to buy?
Garmin Forerunner 935
When is the best time to buy a fitness band tracker?
When you are ready to make your summer body to go to the beaches, buy the fitness band tracker when you are motivated to go for your health and fitness.
As technology is evolving with time, and new things come up with new great features and technology. So now you stand at a point where you know much about the 5 Best Fitness Tracker for Swimming. You can use this information to buy the product according to your needs and requirements. The reviews, pros, and cons will help you to choose the product.